General Information and Overview to Images
An image is a backup copy of your server. You can recover your server by installing an image. You can also use an image to install an additional server. This clones the original server. With a backup plan, you can opt for creating backups automatically at regular intervals. A server cannot be edited while an image is being created.
In the Infrastructure > Images section, all the images you have created are displayed in a table. This table lists the most important information for each image:
- Name: name of the image. You can change the name at any time.
- Status: the current image status.
- Creating image: the image is being created. The progress is shown as a percentage.
- Active: the image is active. You can use it to create a new server or restore an existing server.
- Deleting: the image will be deleted.
- OS: operating system
- Size: size of the image
- Data Center: 1&1 Data Center in which the server image can be used.
- Description: the description of the image. You can change the description at any time.
- Licenses: specifies whether you have to enter your own license key.
- Interval: interval for automatic image creation. The maximum number of image versions you can create appears next to the selected interval.
- Once: automatic image creation is deactivated. Only one image has been created.
- Daily (N Images): automatic image creation is activated. The image of the selected server is created on a daily basis.
- Weekly (N Images): automatic image creation is activated. The image of the selected server is created on a weekly basis.
- ID: the image’s ID. 1&1 needs the ID to manage the image.
- Created on: the date on which the image was created.
To edit an element click on the pencil.
Content provided by 1&1
Tags: Backup / Cloud Server